Making a complaint

HCSA Member Complaints Process

As a trade union and professional organisation dedicated to you, we understand how important it is for us to be here when you need us. If the service you have received does not meet this standard, or you are unhappy about any other aspect of our work, we’d like to know about it, so that we can rectify the situation and learn from our mistakes. We hope that we can address any issue quickly before it turns into a complaint.

Our Policy

We take your feedback seriously, whether it’s good or bad, and any complaints will be dealt with promptly so the matter can be resolved as quickly as possible.

We endeavour to incorporate feedback into our day to day activities so we can continue to strive to give our members the best service possible.

Making a Complaint

If you are unhappy with the service you have received from HCSA, please contact us as soon as the issue arises.

To ensure that the matter is dealt with quickly please contact the person you have been dealing with directly, and explain the nature of your concerns. If they cannot resolve the issue directly, they will raise the issue with the appropriate line manager or the chief executive officer.

If your problem remains unresolved or you are unhappy with the response you have received, you can also ask the person you have been dealing for the details of their line manager. In this situation the member of staff would also contact the line manager and ask them to get in touch with you.

The line manager will try to resolve your problem immediately, but if the situation is more serious, and an immediate response cannot be given, they will confirm that they are investigating the matter and will report back to you, normally within seven working days.

Reporting Complaints

HCSA staff will ensure that the HCSA Executive is kept informed of any complaints made and that there is a process in place to ensure that staff can learn from complaints and are supported to implement any improvements that come out of the process.

General information

If you are not sure who to contact with your complaint, please call our general office number 01256 770999 and explain the nature of your concerns. We will then be able to direct you to the member of staff best placed to resolve your issue.

If you would prefer to write to us, we will aim to respond within seven days. If we think that the issue might take longer to resolve we will contact you and let you know, giving you an indication of when you will receive a full response.

For written complaints please contact: 

Sharon Stanley,
Administration Manager
1 Kingsclere Road,
Overton, Basingstoke,
RG25 3JA
Telephone: 01256 770999

HCSA Governing Document November 2023

HCSA-Rules-November-2023.pdf (299.58 KB)
Download »