HCSA Junior Doctors chair Dr Emma Cox has today invited applications to join a new-look committee to drive forward policy which delivers for JDs.
If you are interested in applying for a committee role then please complete this form by 15th October.
Following a vote to upgrade the committee by the HCSA's ruling Council, Dr Cox said: "We are now taking steps to formalise its structure and work plan, and are seeking applications from HCSA Junior Doctor members who wish to join the committee.
"Members or groups of members will be asked to focus on a particular policy area and take responsiblity for developing a policy and communications plan.
"This is an important opportunity for HCSA’s Junior Doctor members to get involved in shaping the work of the union to deliver for you and our colleagues."
The role will involve:
- Attending monthly Junior Doctor Committee meetings
- Developing policy ideas and positions which would be presented to the committee and could be proposed to HCSA’s national executive for adoption
- Working with our full-time team to develop and execute a communications strategy on your chosen policy area
- Responding promptly to communications requests, in particular around press statements
Policy areas singled out for focus include:
- Rotas and annual leave
- Pay and areas of the Junior Doctor Contract not covered elsewhere
- Devolved nations
- Members and recruitment
Please complete this form by 15th October to apply.