Salary: £25,200 (FTE £31,500)
Contracted hours: 28 hours per week
Work base location: Office-based with the ability to work from home part of the week
HCSA is a members’ association of hospital doctors of all grades and levels of seniority as well as a Trade Union affiliated to the TUC. In addition to supporting its members, its Objects include the investigation of problems in the NHS to ensure the efficient application of resources towards achieving the optimum welfare and wellbeing of patients as well as the promotion of initiatives that provide the general public with the most efficient service.
This post is primarily designed to ensure that members receive quality advice and support where needed. Typically, this will concern advice and guidance over contractual terms and conditions of service. This is generally provided via e-mail, telephone and correspondence through the Help and Advice section of our website.
The post will act as the first point of contact for HCSA members with queries concerning contracts of employment, terms and conditions of service and all matters of employment other than clinical conduct. Where assistance and advice cannot be given directly the post holder will be able to seek guidance or refer to other members of the Field Team of regional National Officers or Director of Operations.
- To provide a timely and responsive service to members’ enquiries by phone, e-mail or Help and Advice website.
- To provide support (e.g. answering telephones and replying to e-mails as well as other administrative tasks) to Administration/Membership team when required including holiday and sickness cover.
- To arrange and produce agendas for Field Team Meetings in support of the Director of Operations.
- To monitor information sources (principally NHS Employers, NHS Confederation, NHS England and NHS Resolutions) for developments affecting HCSA members and the quality of the service delivered to the general public by the NHS.
- To assist the Policy, Campaigns and Communications Team (under the direction of the Director of Operations) with research for, and first drafts of, contributions to social media posts by HCSA and the publication of the regular newsletter sent to members
This post is very important to the function of the HCSA and the service offered to members. The emphasis is on team working where colleagues play to each other’s strengths. The profile and description of duties cannot therefore be prescriptive but is intended to offer a guide.
Closing date for applications: Thursday 1st December (midday)
Download the application pack (zip file)