HCSA recognises the disproportionate impact on women of sexual harassment and other work-related issues.
To assist women doctors in accessing support on what can sometimes be extremely sensitive matters, our WFS service offers members Women Focused Support on a range of issues from one of our female national officers – the first trade union to do so.
What is Women Focused Support?
Female national officers delivering the service will be trained to give specialised advice on a range of issues encountered by women, for example:
- Pregnancy/maternity discrimination or issues at work
- Breastfeeding in the workplace
- Miscarriage or stillbirth experiences
- Sexual harassment
- Menopause and menstruation issues
- Domestic abuse and the impact on work
- Female genital mutilation
- Cultural-specific issues facing women doctors
How can I access Women Focused Support?
Contact HCSA using one of the usual methods - either via our online advice form, by phone on 01256 770-999 or by email at Advice@hcsa.com.
The nature of your case will be assessed by the team and HCSA will offer access to the service where we identify issues among those handled by our specialised Women Focused Support team.
It will then be your choice whether you prefer to take up the offer.